Friday, September 16, 2011

Yes, I'm mixed

I got a pedicure today. The first one in over 2 months. I need my feet to look pretty so that all the doctors and nurses will think I put some effort into taking care of myself while pregnant. The lady that gave me my pedicure was very nice. Seeing as how I'm due in 11 days I had a hard time getting in the chair, so she gladly helped me. I was probably 6 inches taller than her and outweighed her by 70 or 80 lbs. Poor lady. Anyways, in the middle of my pedicure she looks at me and asks, "are you mixed?" I have never been asked that question before. At least not since I got married. With Reyes as a maiden name people assumed that I was mixed. Not here and not since then. I told her I was and that no one has asked me that before. She said that since she was mixed Korean and Chinese she could tell I was mixed. She said that she could just feel it. How adorable! That made my day.

No comments: