Friday, August 5, 2011

Heavy stuff

I have been really torn up about what is happening in Somalia. For those of you who don't know, there is a drought and famine in southern Somalia that has caused the death of over 29,000 children under the age of 5 in 90 days. If you are looking for a good cry you can read about it here, http://news.yahoo.com/us-29-000-somali-children-under-5-dead-104757443.html. Although I will advise you not to because it is just so freaking sad.

There are many things about God I do not understand. And even more things that I know I will never understand, so I try not to think about. This is one of those instances. I do not understand why God will not provide rain to this country. They need water for their crops. And to drink. Why can't he give that to them?? I was talking to Chris about this and he said something that made me feel better. Many times in the Bible Jesus talks about his love for children. All that He says about children leads me to believe that those children who die before they can understand that Jesus died for our sins, go to heaven since they cannot begin to comprehend what that means. Really, how is a one year old supposed to grasp that when they can't go potty on their own? So... Chris said that he believes that those 29,000 children are with Jesus in heaven and that God rescued them from a life on earth where there would be continual famine. They are with Him, laughing, playing and not feeling anymore pain. While it still makes me utterly depressed about Somalia, it is encouraging to know that God does and will take care of His children.

I know I deviated from my "adventures in cooking" and Josiah blogging, but I had to get that off my chest. I will, however, still pray for rain.

No comments: