Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July weekend

I love holiday weekends. I love that Chris gets an extra day with us. And I believe Josiah loves that even more than I do. Like I've said many times before, Josiah is a daddy's boy. Friday after work we went and grabbed dinner at Captain D's (the company that I work for... I'm in the HR department). Josiah had the mac and cheese. Chris took some awesome photos of him eating it, so I'll have to post those later.
Saturday morning Josiah slept in until 915am!! That hasn't happened but 2 or 3 times in the past 10 months. It was awesome sleeping in! We spent the rest of the afternoon at my bosses house swimming and eating hamburgers. Josiah loved every minute of it, and so did we. Now I finally have some color and people might actually believe I'm Cuban.
Sunday we met an old high school friend, Lindsay Roberts, for brunch. It was great catching up with her! I love seeing old friends here in Nashville. It makes me feel like I'm not so disconnected with my Dallas life. Sunday night we went to Logan's Roadhouse. We had 2 filet mignons, an appetizer, and beer for $25! I sure do love coupons and BOGOs. Josiah loved the restaurant! He made several friends with other kids his age. He's quite popular with the ladies :)
Yesterday we just hung out at the house, did some yard work and enjoyed each others company. It doesn't get dark here until around 845pm, so we knew that the fireworks would keep Josiah up, so we tried to put him down at 7. However, we misjudged our redneck neighbors. They started shooting off fireworks at 5pm. Needless to say, Josiah didn't fall asleep until after 1030pm. We went outside to look at them, but they started to scare Josiah, so that was that.
It was a great holiday weekend, but we really missed our friends and family in Dallas. We are ready to come home!! I've come to realize that good friends are hard to find, and nothing beats family. We love and miss you all dearly.

No comments: