Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's past

Flashback to New Year's Eve 2005. I was single and had a MAD crush on Chris Munselle. He had been dating a girl for almost 4 years, but I knew he was meant to marry me, not her. So, I did what all girls with crushes did. I threw a New Year's Eve party (Chris and my brother, Scotty, had been best friends for a long time so Chris was over whenever he was in town) in hopes he would come. Chris's band, Barefoot, had just gotten off tour with Ashlee Simpson so I knew he was home and I knew if I had a "joint" party with my brother, Chris would come. And I was right. However, he brought his girlfriend with him (like all good boyfriends should do). At midnight I just HAD to kiss Chris (because, like I said, I knew we were meant to be together) so I went around to every single guy at my parents house and kissed their cheek just so I could kiss Chris's cheek. I made his girlfriend mad, as I'm sure I would have been mad had some ex-girlfriend of my current boyfriend (confusing? yes) just kissed his cheek, but I didn't care. And you know what? 2 months later Chris and her broke up and 3 months after that Chris and I started dating. I was right all along :)

No comments: