Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I can't believe how much I took for granted my time in college. I had all the FREE time in the world. I can say that studying was never really an option for me. I would rather have been doing anything else. I didn't really care what my grades were. All I knew is that I was supposed to go to college, even if I had NO idea what I wanted to do with my life. So I went, not knowing what I wanted to do. And that continued until I graduated. Going into the real world I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. And I would say that up until a year ago I had no idea what I wanted to do. Well, now I do. I want to be a nurse... specifically a labor and delivery nurse. So I'm taking my pre-reqs to get in to nursing school. Since I graduated with an Arts degree, I only needed 2 science classes and it didn't matter which ones I took, so I took the easiest ones. And now, 9 years later, I am paying for that mistake. I have 5 science classes that I need to take (and 4 other random ones). And I can't take any of them online. So I have to go to school 2 days a week, for 6 hours just for one science class. Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot of time, but it really is. I have a job, so I am already away from my children 3 days a week, and adding 2 half days is really painful. I don't like being away from them. It sucks. But, I really want to get my nursing degree. It is, however, going to take a while. They offer summer classes, but they are every day and I can't do that since I have a job and 2 children to take care of. So I will be done with my pre-reqs December of 2014. Then I will apply to get into nursing school for Fall of 2015. And that will take 1.5 years. So I should be done with nursing school by Spring 2017. 4 more years from now. I will be 35. Why didn't I figure this out when I was in college?? I am, however, kicking butt in my classes because I actually want to do well and succeed and I know I need to have good grades to get in to the school I want. Okay, sorry for the pity party, but I am at the library doing my statistics class and my brain got overloaded with information, so I thought I would procrastinate and blog. Pray for me.

No comments: